[pmwiki-users] Actual status about subpages or hierachical groups?

Daniel Hofer daho at borntofly.ch
Sun Feb 19 10:03:02 CST 2006

Hello Susan

 > Would wiki-farms be what you're looking for? It's an extra level between
 >   the wiki and the group.
yes, I know them. It's great, but the main problem is the searching
function. It's not possible to search over more than one field.

 > Also look into AuthUser for controlling access.
I use it very often, I find it a very good function.

 > If I'm following the other discussions correctly, only those pages for
 > which the user has read-access will show up on the searches. Even if
 > pages for which he doesn't have access are listed, he still won't be
 > able to access them; frustrating and unprofessional, but not a security
 > breach.
Thats the point I find its perfect for me.
But, just at this point, I need one grouping level more. If I could
solve it with another level of page groups, I get the full advantage of
AuthUser.
If I solve it with fields, AuthUser is more complicated and the search
function is no more working.

You see, I hope pm integrates one more level in page groups in the near
future;-)

Thanks a lot!

Daniel