[pmwiki-users] pagelist of groups home pages w. title

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 08:22:19 CST 2006

Friday, February 24, 2006, 2:04:26 PM, Patrick wrote:
> No, it's not really a bug.  The "fmt=group" template works by
> displaying a line whenever the group of the current page in the list
> is different from the group of the previous page in the list.
> This assumes that the pages are ordered such that all pages in
> the same group are listed together.  Using order=title breaks
> that assumption, in that pages from different groups are all
> mixed together.  Thus, every time there's a pair of pages in
> the list that are in different groups, another group line is
> generated.

does this also explain the weird results a sin page
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PageList4
which seems to list also all kinds of deleted pages in group "Test"?

> I'm wondering if "list=groups" is useful enough to add to the core.

It may be good to avoid all kinds of confusion.
list=groups is what most would use intuitively to get a list linking
to each groups homepage. list=grouphomepages may be more accurate, as
it avoids the misconception that there are groups in pmwiki.

Best,
~Hans