[pmwiki-users] pagelist of groups home pages w. title

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 24 08:33:49 CST 2006

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 02:22:19PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Friday, February 24, 2006, 2:04:26 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > No, it's not really a bug.  The "fmt=group" template works by
> > displaying a line whenever the group of the current page in the list
> > is different from the group of the previous page in the list.
> > This assumes that the pages are ordered such that all pages in
> > the same group are listed together.  Using order=title breaks
> > that assumption, in that pages from different groups are all
> > mixed together.  Thus, every time there's a pair of pages in
> > the list that are in different groups, another group line is
> > generated.
>
> does this also explain the weird results a sin page
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PageList4
> which seems to list also all kinds of deleted pages in group "Test"?

Assuming you meant "Test.PageList3", yes it somewhat explains it.
fmt=group really wants there to be a home page for every group
in order to work; since some groups don't have home pages, the
links are going to the Test group.

We could fix it somewhat by changing the markup in Site.PageListTemplates
to qualify the [[{$Group}]] link with either [[{$Group}/{$Group}]]
or [[{$Group}/{$DefaultPage}]], but I don't think we can get
agreement on which it should be.  :-)