[pmwiki-users] weird title

Fick, Martin fick at fgm.com
Tue Jan 3 00:05:44 CST 2006

> From: pmwiki-users-bounces at pmichaud.com on behalf of Patrick R. Michaud
> Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] weird title
>
> It's because of the #teasers markup at the end of the page --
> #teasers is doing the equivalent of
>
>     (:include Main.AboutThisSite lines=5:)
>
> and that's grabbing the (:title:) directive from Main.AboutThisSite.
> Since the current implementation causes the last instance of (:title:)
> to be recognized, that's the one that counts.
>
> I'm planning to correct this aspect of (:title:), as soon as I
> figure out what "correct" is.  :-)

  I'm not sure what correct is either in this case, but
I can describe a scenario that I currently have that I
am not pleased with.

  I use a pagelist to include a series of photo pages.
On each photo page I define a title using (:title:).
I also have a #description section on each photo page
in which I put {$Title} as a default description
which will be replaced in some cases with a lengthier
description.

  When any of these photo pages is viewed individually,
the "right" thing occurs.  If there is no description,
the description section displays the title of the page.

  But, when viewed in the pagelist page.  The
description in each photo page that does not have a
real description (and therefore simply contains
{$Title}), displays the last title processed.  This
is obviously not what I want.

  I'm not sure how to solve this, I am sure there are
several ways.  I have not experimented yet with the
new pagelist code, but maybe all that is needed is for
me to use {=$Title} instead of {$Title} in each of my
description sections.  Will the {=$Title} get
propagated inside of included pages in a pagelist
template (it didn't with my recipe)?

  If this works, it would solve the problem when
photo pages are included from pagelists, but it would
not solve it if they were manually included from other
pages.  Maybe the suggested absolute "this page" syntax
would be the right solution, something like {@$Title}?

  Lastly, as someone else already did, to correct the
pagelist page's title, putting the (:title:) directive
at the end of the page is a currently a work around,

  -Martin