[pmwiki-users] weird title

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:30:39 CST 2006

On 1/2/06, Hans <design at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Tuesday, January 3, 2006, 12:53:28 AM, Patrick wrote:
> >     (:include Main.AboutThisSite lines=5:)
>
> > and that's grabbing the (:title:) directive from Main.AboutThisSite.
> > Since the current implementation causes the last instance of (:title:)
> > to be recognized, that's the one that counts.
>
> > I'm planning to correct this aspect of (:title:), as soon as I
> > figure out what "correct" is.  :-)
>
> Tricky...
>
> seems to me that a page should not inherit the title from an included
> page. Like the parent inherits the name of the child...

Makes sense to me and that is how I also expected it to work. Boy was
I confused when it didn't work that way.

> but someone else may argue the opposite...

I suppose they could. The only thing I can think of is when the only
thing a page contains is:

(:include SomeOtherPage:)

Then, perhaps one would want that page to share the Title without
having to redefine the title. But what if I wanted a different Title
for this copy of the page, like so:

(:title My Custom Title:)
(:include SomeOtherPage:)

Sure, I could add the (:title:) directive after the (:include:), but
wouldn't be easier if the Title from an included page was ONLY carried
over if NO Title is set anywhere on the current page? That would be
"correct" to me.

--
----
Waylan Limberg