[pmwiki-users] Odd behavior of Category

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 3 12:02:21 CST 2006

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 12:38:19PM -0500, Martin Fick wrote:

> > At the moment there's not a way to exclude specific pages by name
> > except through custom list= options.  (I'm still planning to allow
> > wildcard name inclusion/exclusion -- e.g., "name=-*.Template", but
> > it's not done yet.)
>
>   Hmm, I just discovered the php function fnmatch() which
> seems like it would be very usefull to add "multilevel"
> globbing to the pagestore ls() function.  There is also a
> glob() function, but this could potentially return a large
> array which I know Patrick is trying to avoid.  If this is
> old news, ignore it, :)

Yes, I noticed fnmatch() and glob() as well.  Unfortunately, they're
only available in PHP 4.3.0 and later (so far PmWiki still targets
anything after PHP 4.1.0).

They're also not available under Windows systems.  So, we'll still
have to have the other code around, and I'm not sure it will give
us any real performance improvements anyway.  So, I think I'll
stick with regular expressions, and just have a function that
will convert a wildcard pattern into a regular expression pattern.

Thanks!