[pmwiki-users] (:title text:) help

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 10 12:15:29 CST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 01:09:27PM -0500, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> On 1/10/06, JB <jbit at ev1.net> wrote:
> > This helped me find the problem.
> >
> > I did modify the skin, and my variable was $Namespaced.
> > Setting it to $Titlespaced worked just like $Namespaced
> > allows the  (:title Cloaks & Robes) to work.
> >
> > So where did I get $Namespaced from??????   :)
> >
> $Name is the page name (used in the URL) and $Namespaced is that same
> name with spaces added between words ("WikiWords" becomes "Wiki
> Words"). $Title is the title assigned to the page (by (:title:)) with
> spaces stripped and defaults to $Name if a title is not set for the
> page. $Titlespaced does not strip the spaces. You should find more in
> the documentation about page variables here:

Not exactly -- PmWiki doesn't ever "strip spaces", it only adds them.

$Title is the title assigned to the page by (:title:), and defaults
to $Name if a title isn't set.

$Titlespaced is the title assigned to the page by (:title:), and
defaults to $Namespaced if a title isn't set.

If a page's (:title:) is set, then both $Title and $Titlespaced are
exactly the same.  The only difference occurs when a title isn't
set.