[pmwiki-users] Htpasswd Form and NewUser recipe

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 09:34:29 CDT 2006

URL?

I would recommend _not_ chmoding files '777,' Try '666' instead. While
that might be the mark of the beast, at least it reduces the
likelihood of a hacker overwriting an executable file.

The file that _should_ be in play is local/.htpasswd. I'm a bit
worried about '../.htpasswd' being a file, although that would suggest
the web root is where the file is.

Where is your .htpasswd?

Ben

On 7/23/06, Andy Clark <andy at urbandevcorp.com> wrote:

> I have using PmWiki 2.1.11
>
> And am getting this error while using  Htpasswd Form and the NewUser script.
>
> fopen(../.htpasswd): failed to open stream
>
> It is follwed by three other errors but I believe they will be fixed once
> this is.
>
> I have CHMOD all files and directories associated with file to 777 in case
> this was the error. And still no luck. A little stuck. Any help will be much
> appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Andy

> andy clark
>
> m. +44 (0) 7906 292 373
>
> p. +44 (0) 20 8123 4224
>
> e. andy at urbandevcorp.com
>
> skype. urbandevcorp
>
> w. http://www.urbandevcorp.com
>

> The information in this message is confidential. It is intended solely for
> The addressee. Access to this message by anyone other than the addressee is
> Unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
> Copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
> On it is prohibited. Please notify the sender of the error in delivery by
> Replying to this message and then delete it from your system.

Ben Wilson
"All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." HDT