[pmwiki-users] ShowHide toggle (:pagelist:) based on page title

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Sat Jul 29 08:52:17 CDT 2006

At work, we have lots of clients :-)
In order to track them, at the top of the screen I put a line with the
alphabet. Once you click on a letter, a box opens just below with a
list of all the clients whose personal page starts with that letter.
You click on the client you want, and the page opens.
I couldn't find a more compact and quicker way to select clients.
(could I?)
So, this is an example of what I put on top of the page:

   [++(:toggle div=box1 lshow='A' lhide='A' init=hide:) | ++]
   [++(:toggle div=box2 lshow='B' lhide='B' init=hide:) | ++]
   [++(:toggle div=box3 lshow='C' lhide='C' init=hide:)++]

   >>id=box1 border='1px solid #cccccc' padding=5px bgcolor=#f7f7f7<<
   (:pagelist group=Clients list=normal fmt=#title order=title:)
   >><<
   >>id=box2 border='1px solid #cccccc' padding=5px bgcolor=#f7f7f7<<
   (:pagelist group=Clients list=normal fmt=#title order=title name=B*:)
   >><<
   >>id=box3 border='1px solid #cccccc' padding=5px bgcolor=#f7f7f7<<
   (:pagelist group=Clients list=normal fmt=#title order=title name=C*:)
   >><<

Basically, it works, but there is an issue I could not handle: I need
to select by page *title*, and not by page name.
Is there a way for this, please?

Alternatively, I also tried
(:pagelist group=Clients list=normal fmt=dictindex name=A*:) after
installing cookbook/titledictindex.php.
That gives a very nice result but there also I cannot find a way to
let just one letter at the time appear, based on the page title.
Results are somehow inconsistent.

Should page (:title:) be not defined for any page, of course the page
name is to be taken.

Any idea, please?

Luigi