[pmwiki-users] Tip on CMS like wiki (Was: tighten up some settings?)

Chris Cox ccox at airmail.net
Fri Jun 2 15:40:08 CDT 2006

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Tegan Dowling wrote:
>
>> This reminded me to update that information with some additional
>> pieces that I've been using on my relatively cms-like wikis.
>
> That reminds me... would you mind giving a link to your CMS-like wikis?
> I'm interested in seeing what they look like, I might be interested in
> trying to use something like that.
>
> If others have tip on CMS skins that they think work well, I'd also be
> interested.

Well... I have my own skin... it's pretty custom.. some things I like,
some things I don't like.

http://theendlessnow.com/ten

Append ?action=login and you can log in as GuestUser with
the password of quick

You don't have edit capabilities except on the page
Test/Open... there you'll see the links show up in the
upper right corner allowing you edit that page.

It's managed using UserAuth (a recipe) instead of AuthUser.
I use the admin extension so that ?action=admin will take
me to a page where I can manipulate/add users and their
access levels and passwords.  GuestUser has the privs:
read, edit_page-Test.Open
My account, ccox,  has the privs:
edit, upload, attr_group-ProfilesCcox
The admin account id has the privs:
admin

When I log in, I (my user acount) can edit anything.  Note that my sidebar
edit link is just keyed off of valid login.. so there the
link is showing up for the GuestUser even though you
don't have privs to edit it (one of the things I might
fix... someday...)

People have different ideas of what CMS is... for me it's simply
the ability to control who can edit/upload/etc.  Some include
some sort of revision control capability or push control from
a test area, etc.  That wasn't interesting in MY definition
of CMS.  So I guess I just have a restricted wiki perhaps rather
than a full blown CMS (maybe not what you were looking for).

I suppose I jumped the thread anyhow...

Regards,
Chris