[pmwiki-users] Tip on CMS like wiki (Was: tighten up some settings?)

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 2 16:30:04 CDT 2006

On 6/2/06, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
<christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2006, Tegan Dowling wrote:
>
> > This reminded me to update that information with some additional pieces
> > that I've been using on my relatively cms-like wikis.
>
> That reminds me... would you mind giving a link to your CMS-like wikis?
> I'm interested in seeing what they look like, I might be interested in
> trying to use something like that.
>
> If others have tip on CMS skins that they think work well, I'd also be
> interested.

FWIW I've learned that certain parts of CMS functionality should not
be put into the skin because skin.php happens fairly late.

The LightSkin [1] has some CMS functionality built in, but for future
versions most of the CMS-related code is being removed and put into a
recipe [2].  Eventually I intend to roll it all into an "Instant CMS"
bundle, where you would be able to install a pre-configured PmWiki CMS
in a couple of minutes.

Hagan

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LightSkin
[2] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CMSBundle