[pmwiki-users] Problem with Google Map API and locale de_DE

Christian Bartolomaeus bartolin at gmx.de
Tue Jun 6 14:23:02 CDT 2006

Hi,

I just encountered the following problem with the new
Google Map API [1]: When using the Google Map API on a wiki which
sets

  'Locale' => 'de_DE'

via XLPage, the GMap-API seems to get confused. I guess it has
something to do with using the dot '.' instead of the comma ',' when
giving fractional numbers as values for latitude ('lat') and longitude
('lon'). When I try to produce a map with

  (: gmap lat=54 lon=13 :)

everything is okay. But as soon as I use

  (: gmap lat=54.09285 lon=13.3785 :)

at least the value of the longitude seems to be ignored or
misinterpreted.

Is there something I can do about that?

TIA

Christian