[pmwiki-users] Problem with Google Map API and locale de_DE

Christian Bartolomaeus bartolin at gmx.de
Tue Jun 6 15:01:07 CDT 2006

Sorry for replying to myself. I just noticed that my last mail was a
bit terse.

* On 2006-06-06 Christian Bartolomaeus (bartolin at gmx.de) wrote:
> [...]
> I just encountered the following problem with the new
> Google Map API [1]: When using the Google Map API on a wiki which
> sets
>
>   'Locale' => 'de_DE'
>
> via XLPage, the GMap-API seems to get confused.

I missed to add that I tracked down the problem to setting the locale
via the XLPage. When I deleted the line

  'Locale' => 'de_DE',

from the Page PmWikiDe.XLPage (which is activated in config.php), the
problem vanished at once.

I tested this both with pmwiki-2.1.10 and with pmwiki-2.1.beta26. I
used 'gmap_api-1.2.0'.

Best regards

Christian