[pmwiki-users] FAQ broken in latest upgrade

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 9 11:13:41 CDT 2006

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 03:21:38PM +0100, Marc Cooper wrote:
> I just applied v2.1.10 to v.2.1.7 and noticed that the FAQ is broken.
>
> It's the line:
>
> (:pagelist trail=PmWiki.DocumentationIndex "[[#faq]]" fmt=#includefaq:)
>
> Titles are being used as URLs. These look "okay"-ish with the PmWiki
> skin, but not others - at least it can't be assumed that they will.
>
> Personally, I question the use of titles as link. After all, what does
> it mean? Surely any linked pages should be within the text that the
> heading heads, not the title itself.

Could you give a specific example of what is "broken"?

I'm also not sure what you mean by "Titles are being used as URLs"
-- a "url" is something that looks like http://... or ftp://...
or the like.  Did you simply mean to say that titles are being
used as links to other pages?

Can you give an example of a skin where the FAQ page doesn't look
correct?  (On pmwiki.org you can do things such as
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/FAQ?skin=gemini to see how
the page will look in a different skin.)