[pmwiki-users] Php upgrade breaks cleansurls using .htaccess

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Mon Jun 26 21:37:32 CDT 2006

The cleanurls recipe (using .htaccess in each WikiFarm field) no longer
works following an upgrade of my hosting provider's php (to version
4.3.11): I receive an internal server error when I try to access PmWiki.

My hosting provider suggested that I turn off the register_globals
setting and disable my .htaccess files.  Turning off the
register-globals seemed to have no effect, but disabling (renaming) my
.htaccess file eliminated the internal server error (and, in the
process, my clean urls).

Any idea what may have happened, and what I should do to get clean urls
working again?

Here is my setup:

a. Php version 4.3.11; Apache Linux
b. PmWiki 2.1.11
c. A WikiFarm setup
d Subdomain aliases that redirect urls to fields: field1.example.com =>
example.com/field1
e. CleanUrls using .htaccess files in each field (Example One) that
contain the following:

 RewriteEngine On
 RewriteBase /field1
 RewriteRule ^$           field.php  [L]
 RewriteRule ^index.php$  field.php  [L]
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
 RewriteRule (.*)         field.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

Pico