[pmwiki-users] Can redirect send 301?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jun 27 02:15:02 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 01:13:54AM -0400, Ryan R. Varick wrote:
> I don't know how your average search spider handles query strings, nor
> how important 301 vs. 302 *really* is, so that's why I ask.  Assuming
> the average spider *does* respect 301 status codes and *does* include
> the full URL it encounters, I suppose I would like to know if there is
> a way to tell PmWiki not to append ?from= to redirects.

At the moment, no, there's not an easy way to tell PmWiki to
not append ?from= to its redirects.

At various times in the past we've discussed the possibility of
providing an option to (:redirect:) to indicate if it should
include the from= string in the url (or to provide an alternate
message on the receiving end), but I haven't settled on an
appropriate set of options yet.  Suggestions are welcome.  :-)