[pmwiki-users] downloading a .reg file

Ben Brannen ben.brannen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 12:22:32 CDT 2006

When I try to download a .reg file I am unable to get the file itself.
Instead it generates an error message.
The Page Cannot Be Found .... IIS .....

In the local config.php file i have added...
### This needs to be fixed ####
$UploadExts['reg'] = 'xxx/yyyy';

I've tried a few different xxx/yyyy combinations i.e.
'application/octed-stream' but am not sure which one to use and am not sure
this affects the downloading of the file or only the uploading of it.  For
now I just copied the files manually to the uploads folder.  .EXE's and
images seem to behave as expected.

FWIW: The an example of filenames are
LockIE.reg
UnlockIE.reg  << this one is behind a password protected page

These are some local configuration files for the IE browser based on
end-user requirements and are located in the uploads directory.

I have checked the http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin site but
am unable to determine what I'm doing wrong.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben