[pmwiki-users] New AuthUser documentation, review/suggestions needed

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 5 23:18:30 CST 2006

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 07:25:59PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2006-03-05  06:14 PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
> >(Other pages in the PmWiki documentation also need updating, but
> >PmWiki.AuthUser is the most critical.)
>
> Patrick
>
> Have you (or could you) flag the other pages that need updates so
> that those of us with a few cycles can help?

I haven't flagged the pages (will do that later) but can at least
describe the issues here...  a quick rundown through my "review before
release script" gives me the following:

PmWiki.CustomMarkup:
  This page has gotten too long, with too many examples in it
  that don't really demonstrate anything new about using the Markup function
  itself.  (I think several of them ought to be listed as cookbook
  recipes, if at all.)  I'd like to see it made more concise and just
  cover the main questions that people have about creating a custom
  markup sequence.  It might be worthwhile to create a
  MarkupExamples category, and tag any cookbook recipes that
  demonstrate use of the Markup() call into that category.

PmWiki.PageFileFormat:
  This page just has some outdated information in it -- especially
  the part about the "time=" field needing to be present (this is
  no longer true).

PmWiki.ErrorMessages:
PmWiki.Troubleshooting:
  Over time these pages have been less of a guide and more of a place
  where people are leaving questions (that don't get answered, because
  they aren't checked very frequently).  They probably need some cleaning
  up, with common questions and problems becoming entries in the FAQ
  page.

PmWiki.WikiStyleExamples:
  This page was originally intended for people migrating from PmWiki 1,
  but we still need a page that describes how wikistyles can be used.
  (John Rankin's "EditingWithStyle" page comes to mind).

Site.UploadQuickReference:
  I know there was a fair bit of discussion about how this page should
  be structured; we should probably finalize that soon.

Thanks!