[pmwiki-users] New AuthUser documentation, review/suggestions needed

Bronwyn Boltwood bronwyn at bronwynb.info
Sun Mar 5 23:46:13 CST 2006

On 3/6/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> PmWiki.WikiStyleExamples:
>   This page was originally intended for people migrating from PmWiki 1,
>   but we still need a page that describes how wikistyles can be used.
>   (John Rankin's "EditingWithStyle" page comes to mind).

Please, please improve the wikistyles documentation.  I've spent
significant chunks of time on trial and error just about every time I
want to use something more complex than %red% or >>class<<.

- examples of how to correctly invoke styles for the various scopes.
I think I spent half an hour figuring out how to invoke the list
scope.
- examples of how to correctly use the various properties available.
Do they take bare values?  Do they need quotes, and if so does it
matter if they're single or double?
- what happens to bare words, e.g. %p foo bar%?  What if instead it
had a colour name, e.g. %p foo red%?  Or when there's other
recognizable values?

Bronwyn