[pmwiki-users] Upgrade to 2.1.3 - indents lost for prefomatted blocks?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 25 14:49:48 CST 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 12:03:16PM -0600, Bruce Files wrote:
> In pmwiki 2.0.11 this wiki text worked great:
>
> # this is first step
> [@here is an example of a command
> and its output as a preformatted block
> that hopefully indents to match the paragraph above
> @]
>
> # this is step two
>
> After upgrading to 2.1.3, this no longer works.  The preformatted
> block is no longer indented to match the paragraph above it.

Odd.  In earlier versions the preformatted text shouldn't have
been indented as part of the numbered item  (i.e.,  you found
an unexplored case in PmWiki).

At the moment I'm not entirely sure of an easy way to get the
old behavior back that won't also cause other things to break.
The way PmWiki expects to see the above written now is more
like:

    # this is first step
      [@here is an example of a command
    and its output as a preformatted block
    that hopefully indents to match the paragraph above
    @]

    # this is step two

I.e., the [@ needs to line up with the "this" in the list
item above it.

I'll see if I can come up with something for you, however.