[pmwiki-users] bug in CommentBoxStyled?

Hans design at softflow.co.uk
Mon Mar 27 10:47:38 CST 2006

Monday, March 27, 2006, 5:16:08 PM, Tegan wrote:
> Report:
> When I try to use the built-in Journal-creation feature of the
> wonderful CommentBoxStyled recipe, the subject line for each entry
> comes out as n!!!!27 March 2006.  I see that "n!!!!" in the code,
> but don't know any php to speak of, so don't know why it's there or
> how to make it render properly.

Thanks!  The n was left over from processing \n, which should have
resulted in a new line. I replaced it now with (:nl:). Updated script
uploaded.

> Suggestion:  number the releases of the recipe, so it's easier to
> be certain I'm working with the latest?

Perhaps I should do so in future and insert a version number into the
script. I do try and document each version update on the page in
cookbook.

> Question: When a user follows a just-created link to a brand-new,
> never-been-edited page named Journal, there's no hint on the page
> that it is in any way special.  Would it be possible to pre-populate
> it with some indication that it will use the forum feature?  Maybe
> by using an EditTemplate
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTemplates)?

If you have a need for multiple journal or diary pages, and youw ant
an easier way to create them , i suggest you use newpageboxplus.php,
which lets you a) use a template, b) lets you autosave the new page,
so it will not open in edit mode, because it is saved already.

Best,
 Hans