[pmwiki-users] Blocklist2 ignoring EnableWhyBlocked

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 28 23:02:57 CST 2006

On 3/28/06, David Spitzley <dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us> wrote:
> In the aftermath of a recent spam attack, I've got Blocklist2 running on my wiki.  For some reason, though, it appears that setting EnableWhyBlocked =1 is not resulting in my receiving whatever explanations I'm supposed to be getting; I just get shunted back to the edit screen with no explanation if I attempt to use one of the verboten terms.  What should the explanations look like, and where are they supposed to appear on the edit screen.  Are they skin dependent?

No, it's because the script has gone out-of-date.  The variable that
held the messages was changed in one of the beta releases.

Try this one:

http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/cmsb-blocklist.php

It should be a drop-in replacement (aside from adding "cmsb-" in
config.php).  Let me know if you need to change any configuration
settings to make it work.

Hagan