[pmwiki-users] Blocklist2 bug (was: Re: Blocklist2 ignoring EnableWhyBlocked)

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 28 23:24:58 CST 2006

On 3/28/06, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> At 2006-03-28  10:13 PM -0500, David Spitzley is rumored to have said:
> >In the aftermath of a recent spam attack, I've got Blocklist2
> >running on my wiki.  For some reason, though, it appears that
> >setting EnableWhyBlocked =1 is not resulting in my receiving
> >whatever explanations I'm supposed to be getting; I just get shunted
> >back to the edit screen with no explanation if I attempt to use one
> >of the verboten terms.  What should the explanations look like, and
> >where are they supposed to appear on the edit screen.  Are they skin dependent?
>

> I think the problem is in the Blocklist2 script due to a change in PmWiki:
>
> Version 2.0.beta44 (10-Jul-2005)
>      * Changed $EditMessageFmt to $MessagesFmt array, added
> (:messages:) markup.
>
> This requires a change to the script that is beyond my capabilities.
> Any takers? Please?

Change
    $EditMessageFmt .= $BlocklistMessageFmt;
    $MessagesFmt[] = $BlocklistMessageFmt;

Change
    if ($EnableWhyBlocked == "1") $EditMessageFmt .= "<pre>" .
$WhyBlockedFmt . "</pre>";
    if ($EnableWhyBlocked == "1") $MessagesFmt[] = "<pre>" .
$WhyBlockedFmt . "</pre>";

(I didn't test this.)

You can also try

http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/cmsb-blocklist.php