[pmwiki-users] How to support case in-sensitive Wiki page names

Crisp, Steve [UK] SCRISP at ngms.eu.com
Thu May 11 12:54:50 CDT 2006

All,

Q: How does one support case in-sensitive Wiki page names on UNIX?

Problem:  I have automatically converted a load of html files to Wiki
pages.  All page names start with a Capital letter.  My wiki site has
been developed under Windoze so various have been inconsistent when
using wiki markup.  For example to reference a file called "Testfile" we
may have used:

* [[Testfile]]
* [[testFile]]
* [[TestFile]]  (:comment politically correct version:)
* [[Test File]] (:comment other combinations of above with space also:)

On Windoze all works great.  Now we have moved to a UNIX O/S, proper
recognition is given to capitalisation.

Does anyone have a 'simple' config extention to plug-in to PmWiki making
it case in-sensitive when looking up pages?  I read
'AlternateNamingScheme'.  Anything there I can use (I was a little
confused)?

My Config:
* Latest PmWiki
* Only Views and TitleDictIndex cookbook extensions

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
-Steve.