[pmwiki-users] New wiki not sending users to HomePage

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sat May 13 09:12:36 CDT 2006

There's a weirdness on a new wiki I've set up - ver 2.1.5, custom skin
- GladProfusion.com

I have the whole site read-protected in config.php, and then I've set
the read-attr=nopass in both Main/GroupAttributes and
Site/GroupAttributes.  I want users to only know of the existence of
the groups/pages to which they have read password(s). So I have a
login link on the Main/HomePage; once logged in, the user sees a link
to the group to which that password applies.

Now going to http://gladprofusion.com/Main/HomePage works without any
problem. And likewise, going to just plain http://gladprofusion.com
**should** bring up http://gladprofusion.com/Main/HomePage without any
problem.

*But it doesn't* - it demands a password, instead. Users **cannot go**
to http://gladprofusion.com and automatically be sent to
http://gladprofusion.com/Main/HomePage.

In addition to the admin password, I did set up a site-wide read/edit
password in config.php, and either one will suffice at this point (if
I've already used one of them, I don't get this request for a password
at all), but 1) I don't want give that out, and 2) anyway, I don't
want users to have to enter a password before they've seen the
Main/HomePage.

Another clue:  I created a test wikigroup, called Test, with
read-password=test and read/edit-password=tester.  Go to
http://gladprofusion.com/Test/HomePage. Key in either password test or
tester.  Try using the breadcrumbs Groupname "Test" as a link to
return to Test/HomePage.  The wiki will require a password.  AND
**neither of the group-specific passwords** will work at this point to
send the user back to Test/HomePage (while the admin password will -
and when I'm logged in with that, then clicking the Groupname
breadcrumb takes me directly to Groupname/Homepage, just fine).

Any thoughts? Could it be that somehow my lockdown has blocked a
script that redirects users to HomePages?
1) Unless you're logged in with the admin or site-wide read password,
you should-be-but-aren't sent to Main/HomePage if you use the domain
name alone
2) Unless you're logged in with the admin password, you
should-be-but-aren't sent to Groupname/HomePage if you use
domian/Groupname.

Or maybe a script is just corrupted?  Where is this behavior controlled?

Thanks!

Tegan