[pmwiki-users] Change request: Page save format

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun May 21 11:48:43 CDT 2006

Hi all,

before I write a PITS entry, I'd like to ask whether anybody is
interested in this kind of change at all.

The use case is this:

A friend of mine has single-handedly written ~200 pages in his wiki, and
has just today realized that he has made some systematic spelling and
structuring errors. The easiest way would be to download the files from
the wiki.d directory, mass edit them, and upload the results (the wiki
would be locked against third-party contributions during that time, but
that would be OK since there are almost no visitors yet).

Now the problem is that PmWiki puts all of the page contents into a
single line, and while it could be infinitely worse, it's still not too
suitable for editing with a text editor.

So my question is: is there any general interest in changing the storage
format so that line breaks are stored as-is?

Regards,
Jo