[pmwiki-users] How to use RSS instead of mailposts

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Tue May 23 13:24:56 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> 3. Can the search / search display be improved so we can find the
>> stuff or simply ditch it and replace with google's search within
>> pmwiki.org?
>
> I need specifics about how the search display should be improved.

My main problem with pmwiki's default search is that it shows:
the group and the page title without any text/explanation.

So I have to go into every page to see if it is relevant to what
I am looking for, and usually after a dozen pages that are not
what i am looking for, I give up.

Example of a good wiki search: 'The competition:' Dokuwiki.org
http://dokuwiki.org/wiki:dokuwiki
do a search for: stylesheet [yes it's slow, but I'd rather have
slow but lot more useful to me.]

It will show:
1. The pages that have the word stylesheet within the title.
2. The pages that have the word stylesheet inside the page, the
number of times it has the word stylesheet with highlights and
some text around it.

My favorite for a wiki search: oddmuse.org
http://www.oddmuse.org/cgi-bin/wiki
do a search for: stylesheet

It will show:
The pages that have the word stylesheet inside the page, with
highlights and some text around it. Up to 3 lines and the date of
the page.

This is the one that gives me enough information to know if I
should look at the page or not, and usually find what I want
within two or three pages.

> (Saying "make it look like Google" doesn't quite cut it, because

Actually, that's not what I meant, what I meant is use the Google
button, restricted to pmwiki.org.

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com