[pmwiki-users] Clean URL (again) assistance requested

Simon s-i-m-o-n at paradise.net.nz
Mon May 29 05:09:24 CDT 2006

Hi, I need someone to point out the obvious to me please,
I have read and reread
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls and
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls-Comments

I want to go from
http://wcg/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Site/Blocklist
http://wcg/Site/Blocklist

I have the following httpd.conf

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1:80>
    ServerName wcg
    <Directory "e:/home/caving/public_html">
      AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit Options
      Options Includes
    </Directory>
    DocumentRoot "e:/home/caving/public_html"
</VirtualHost>

and in hosts

127.0.0.1 wcg

in config.php I have (from CleanUrls-Comments)

$ScriptUrl = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].'/pmwiki';
$PubDirUrl = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].'/pmwiki/pub';
$EnablePathInfo = 1;

my .htaccess (in E:\home\caving\public_html\) is (from
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls#docroot)

# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# The rewrite base will be the document root.
RewriteBase /
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki/pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki/pmwiki.php  [L]
# Don't rewrite requests for any files, directories, or symbolic
# links (shortcuts) that exist on the filesystem.
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([^/a-z].*) pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

When I enter http://wcg/ I get the message

When I enter http://wcg/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Site/Blocklist I get the message
You don't have permission to access /pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Site/Blocklist on
this server.

Any suggestions you can give me would be much appreciated.
I have tried a number of different combinations,
with no luck.
It can't be this hard can it.
Thanks in advance

Simon