[pmwiki-users] Issue with PmWiki Theme . . .

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 29 18:57:46 CDT 2006

On 5/29/06, Ben Wilson <dausha at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I'm running about in Linux (Firefox), I have a problem
> identifying headings on the PmWiki web site. That is, the text blends
> in too neatly with the body of a page. I noticed in the CSS file that
> the font-weight was set to "normal." I believe if the font-weight were
> left alone then I could see the headings. I have not noticed the
> problem when running in Win32 (Firefox).

Can you provide a link to a screenshot of a page with this problem?

Note that there are many pages on pmwiki.org that were written before
the new skin took effect, and some of those have headings that are
"one level too small" because the author skipped right to level three
headings to get a certain layout (font/margin) effect using the old
default skin.

The default skin's headings (and page title, since it's a H1 heading)
were extensively tested and adjusted so they look acceptable in a wide
variety of browsers and platforms.  Bold headings might look better on
your one browser and platform (not necessarily Linux, but your
installation of Linux), but it would be at the expense of making
headings look terrible for some other people.

Here's a sample of the effect of bold headings in a typical browser:

http://qdig.sourceforge.net/wiki-skins/sshots/?Qwd=./Test&Qif=0110%20HeadingsNow.png
http://qdig.sourceforge.net/wiki-skins/sshots/?Qwd=./Test&Qif=0110%20HeadingsBold.png

Hagan