[pmwiki-users] OpenOffice.org file uploads

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Sat Nov 11 18:11:56 CST 2006

Dear Patrick and Friends,

I am (still) running a pmwiki-2.0.2 for the PCUG (PC Users Group) of Canberra.

Our SIG (Special Interest Group) of "Linux-learners" are promoting Open Source
software use, particularly for Windows users, viz. OpenOffice from
OpenOffice.org, Firefox, Abiword and so on.  Unfortunately, we can not upload
to our wiki any of the OpenOffice documents with the extensions odt, ods and
odp.

I know that the pmwiki is infinitely configurable, very flexible and run by a
very kind person - thank you, Patrick.

How can I enable our wiki to accept the OpenOffice files for uploads? After
all. they are safer than the well known alternatives!

The second question - should I update the wiki? I am afraid that an update may
bring incompatibilities with the skin that is a look alike of wikipedia.

I have an ftp access to the .../local folder and the configuration files,
which I can download to my PC and re-configure as required.

Here is the pertinent part of the config.php file in the "local" directory:

## $PageLogoUrl is the URL for a logo image -- you can change this
## to your own logo if you wish.
$PageLogoUrl = "$PubDirUrl/skins/monobook/PCUGLogo.gif";

## If you want to have a custom skin, then set $Skin to the name
## of the directory (in pub/skins/) that contains your skin files.
## See PmWiki.LayoutBasics and Cookbook.Skins.
# $Skin = 'pmwiki';
$Skin='monobook';

As always, I would be most grateful for any and all answers and advice.

OldAl.
--
Algis Kabaila (Dr)
akabaila[at]pcug[dot]org[dot]au