[pmwiki-users] Group.RecentChanges

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 08:24:08 CST 2006

On 11/28/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 11:11:33AM +0100, Florian Fischer wrote:
> > the link Recent Changes calls the page Recent Changes of the topical
> > group. But i don't want people to see the Changes in my group Site.
> > I use to the Group Site for pages like Contact, impressum, etc...
> > Is there a way to say if Group=Site show Recent Changes of Group XY?
>
> Sure, just change Site.RecentChanges to read
>
>     (:redirect XY.RecentChanges:)
>
> The page will still be updated with any changes to the Site
> group, but any time it is viewed the browser will be redirected
> to XY.RecentChanges .
>
> Another possibility is to simply read-protect the Site.RecentChanges.
> This allows you to continue to view Site.RecentChanges, while
> denying access to others.

If you read-protect Site/RecentChanges, then on Site/SideBar, for
instance, you could have

* (:if auth read $Group/RecentChanges:)[[$Group/RecentChanges]](:if !
auth read $Group/RecentChanges:)[[GroupXY/RecentChanges]](:ifend:)

Which says if the current user has authorization to read the
RecentChanges page of the current group, then display a link to that
page.  Otherwise, display a link [[GroupXY/RecentChanges]].