[pmwiki-users] authuser questions

Hans Huijgen lighans at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 07:09:18 CST 2006

Hans REplies to Hans (-;

2006/11/29, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk>:
>> @PWST jan, jordi -->> PWST
> That is correct. You can't do that.
Yes I was right (-:

> AuthUser lets you create username-password pairs (login accounts)
> and lets you create groups of usernames (authorisation groups).
> these you can use in PmWiki's system of controlling page access by
> setting attributes to pages (via PageName?action=attr)
> or groups (via GroupAttributes?action=attr)

> or sitewide via $DefaultPasswords for admin,  attr, edit, read
> and upload.

Can you give an example?
Can I do s'thing like $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = '@students, @teachters';

> There was talk to have all password settings for all pages showing
> in one table via a special admin action, but I am not sure if this is
> implemented. This could provide you with some overview, even if it
> still would not let you change access from one place.

That would be nice.

> Hope this helps. having groups of wiki pages and groups of users is
> the least confusing about the access and password system! Keep asking!

Thanks for the encouragment.
I am afraid I have to ask more, although I prefere to find it in the
pmwiki-documentation and not bother this list with my "disknowledge".
(-;

In my farmconfig.php I set admin and attr only accessible to an admin password.

In the config.php of this wiki I set:
$DefaultPasswords['upload'] = 'id:*';
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:*';

And now I put in Site.AuthUser:
@students: test, det, frans (or could that also be @teacher?)
@teachter: det, frans
(also passwords are set for each user)
Now when I set Main.GroupAttributes to edit and upload @teachter, it
should work I hoped. But only admin can edit on Main. I'm confused
On the other hand it seems to work for the Group PWST.

Another thing with action=logout. On the PWST.SideBar it seems it
doesn't work. And on Site.SideBar, the same link does log out
(http://pws.fali.nl/index.php/Main/HomePage?action=Logout). What's the
difference?

--
Groetjes