[pmwiki-users] password reminders, and remembering usernames

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 06:26:39 CST 2006

Thursday, November 30, 2006, 12:08:44 PM, R wrote:

> 1. Yes, my installation doesn't remember usernames between session (neither on my
> machine, or other users).  This is true whether you logoff, or just close your browser.
> Is there anything I could do to chase down why this is?

Firefox can store passwords for websites.
Go to Tools -> Options -> Security
Check the box: "Remember passwords for sites"

IE can do the same.
Go to Tools -> Internet Options
Click Content tab,
click Auto complete,
check "User names and passwords on forms"
and "Prompt me to save passwords"

Firefox also allows you to view saved passwords.

When you come to a page with a user name/password form,
you start typing your user name, and the browser will give you a
suggestion of what it remembers you typed before. Click that, and the
browser fills in the password field with the password it remembers,
showing the usual asterixes only. Click the submit button and you're
there!

Only use this system on your personal computer though!

Hans