[pmwiki-users] AddDeleteLine version 2.0

Pico pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Tue Oct 3 12:55:34 CDT 2006

> From: Martin Fick <mogulguy at yahoo.com>
> --- Nils Knappmeier <nk at knappi.org> wrote:
> > The unstable version has the following changes:
> > - Martin: I integrated your code for the {name[]} so
> > that it works with
> > the (:adl delete:) directive. There is an example on
> > my playground page
> > as well. Maybe you want to try it.
>

> I looked at your recipe and it looks like you may have
> just updated it to fix the only problem I saw with it
> (the delete button on separate lines).  Very nice,
> thanks.
>
> Some more thoughts on it:  I think that the multi
> additions works well now it might make sense to merge
> it.  One thought: is there an easy way to make the
> delete range available to the multi additions so that
> it will delete the entire submission (the way the
> single delete buttons use to?)
>
> Another thought, the new #top and #bottom are cool,
> but since they look like anchors, might it be better
> to simply use append and prepend?  This would be in
> keeping with your other append and prepend markers.
>
> Which leads me to my last thought, a future
> enhacement:   maybe anchors should be allowed where
> you now use #top and #bottom so that a person can
> specify where in a form to append and prepend without
> inserting markup in the form!
>
> None of the above additions are things that I need,
> they are just thoughts to use when designing your
> syntaxes in case someone else wants to add such
> features in the future. :)

Just in case you missed it with all of the activity these days, be sure
to take a look at what Pm is planning for Comments.  You may be
surprised by its scope, which overlaps with several areas that are
covered by AddDeleteLine.

http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2006-October/033767.html

Demo and comment page: PmWiki/Comments-UseCases

Pico