[pmwiki-users] AddDeleteLine version 2.0

Nils Knappmeier nk at knappi.org
Tue Oct 3 13:43:00 CDT 2006

Pico schrieb:
>> From: Martin Fick <mogulguy at yahoo.com>
>> --- Nils Knappmeier <nk at knappi.org> wrote:
>>
>>> The unstable version has the following changes:
>>> - Martin: I integrated your code for the {name[]} so
>>> that it works with
>>> the (:adl delete:) directive. There is an example on
>>> my playground page
>>> as well. Maybe you want to try it.
>>>
>> I looked at your recipe and it looks like you may have
>> just updated it to fix the only problem I saw with it
>> (the delete button on separate lines).  Very nice,
>> thanks.
>>
>> Some more thoughts on it:  I think that the multi
>> additions works well now it might make sense to merge
>> it.  One thought: is there an easy way to make the
>> delete range available to the multi additions so that
>> it will delete the entire submission (the way the
>> single delete buttons use to?)
>>
>> Another thought, the new #top and #bottom are cool,
>> but since they look like anchors, might it be better
>> to simply use append and prepend?  This would be in
>> keeping with your other append and prepend markers.
>>
>> Which leads me to my last thought, a future
>> enhacement:   maybe anchors should be allowed where
>> you now use #top and #bottom so that a person can
>> specify where in a form to append and prepend without
>> inserting markup in the form!
>>
>> None of the above additions are things that I need,
>> they are just thoughts to use when designing your
>> syntaxes in case someone else wants to add such
>> features in the future. :)
>>

> Just in case you missed it with all of the activity these days, be sure
> to take a look at what Pm is planning for Comments.  You may be
> surprised by its scope, which overlaps with several areas that are
> covered by AddDeleteLine.

> http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2006-October/033767.html

I haven't read all of it, but I'm looking forward to using the
comment-password for the adding of lines, once they are in the core...
That will allow people to collect data without showing it to the people
who enter it, which was something on the want-to-have list on the 1.x
cookbook page. I think Tegan said he would like that...

Well, not now...
   Nils