[pmwiki-users] Is it time for a pmwiki-devel list?

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Fri Oct 27 13:15:55 CDT 2006

Tegan Dowling said...
> On 10/27/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > If you just want to indicate agreement or disagreement with
> > the idea of a new pmwiki-devel list, feel free to reply to me
> > privately instead of to the list.  And, as always, comments
> > and questions to pmwiki-users are always welcomed.
>
> This is why I've suggested having a bulletin board, instead of a
> mailing list.  A phpbb installation would not be a big deal to set up
> or monitor, I wouldn't think.  It would allow threads to
> self-organize, it would make it easy for people to participate at
> their level of expertise while still having an easy way to "evesdrop"
> or even kibbutz on discussions at other levels.
>
> Anyone care to explain why this would not be a good thing?

Those of us who travel read out mail/news on the road. In addition, we
can keep personal archives of useful content, or simply mark it for
later attention. I've currently got 104 PmWiki items that I'll be doing
something with - mostly snippets of Pm's inner workings that I didn't
have time to explore when I originally read the item. All of that would
be lost on a forum.

Keep in mind that not all of us are permanently connected.

If you want forum-style communications, why not use the Gmane news
service? That's what I do.

--
Best,
Marc