[pmwiki-users] problem in finding group default page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Oct 29 09:16:18 CST 2006

On Sat, Oct 28, 2006 at 05:06:45PM +0100, Hans wrote:
> trying to check blogsimple for update needs to 2.2.0
> I came across this problem:
> Using the group link at the page top in a group should go to the group
> homepage or default page, in this case called BlogArchive.BlogArchive
> But it did not go to that page, instead asked if i wanted to create
> such a page. But the page exists in blogsimple's pagestore, i.e.
> cookbook/blogsimple/wikilib.d/
> Somehow the routine checking for an existing page did not check the
> pagestore. blogsimple.php adds the pagestore with these lines:
>
> ## automatic loading of blog default pages
>     $where = count($WikiLibDirs);
>     if ($where>1) $where--;
>     array_splice($WikiLibDirs, $where, 0,
>         array(new PageStore("$FarmD/cookbook/blogsimple/wikilib.d/\$FullName")));
>
> So I wonder if something has broken in pmwiki 2.2.0 beta15,
> or I need to change something so  the pagestore works.
> It works if links go to specific pages in the pagestore.

I'm wondering if the "automatic loading of blog default pages"
code above is occurring after a call to ResolvePageName().  If
so, then the problem is that at the point where ResolvePageName()
is being called, it's unaware of the blogsimple PageStore.

It's worth noting that a few of PmWiki's built-in scripts call
ResolvePageName(), including scripts/authuser.php .