[pmwiki-users] Planning for 2.2.0

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Sep 22 08:30:44 CDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 12:04:33PM +0000, Karl Loncarek wrote:
> "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote in
> news:20060922033021.GA1458 at host.pmichaud.com:
>
> Sounds great.
> (:comment:) sounds good for boxes and/or an ?action=comment for
> commentpages? (using a action would allow to set different rigths)
>
> But please add some features of commentboxplus:
> * possiblilty to add comments even without edit rights (maybe adjustable)

Yes, commenting and editing will be able to have separate authorizations.
Commenting will be the ability to add content to a page (but not change
what is there), while editing includes the ability to modify existing
contents.

> * optional activation of entering a code number before an entry is posted
> (see  $EnableAccessCode from commentboxplus). This could greatly help
> with spammers (together with blocklist2)

I see commenting as just a restricted form of editing, so whatever
blocking mechanisms are available for editing will also be available
for commenting.