[pmwiki-users] new page attribute (related question)

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Sep 25 13:22:35 CDT 2006

On 9/25/06, Henrik Bechmann <henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> All,
>
> I would like to add a page attribute named "summary", so that I can have
> a text box for article summaries on my edit form, and so that I can
> create a page variable for page summaries like this:
>
> $FmtPV['$ArticleSummary'] = '$page["summary"]';
>
> This in turn would allow me to test for the presence of a summary for
> inclusion in Site Map (ie pagelist) and rss output.
>
> Is there a legitimate way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Henrik
>
> PS I see (:title:) as being a few words, (:description:) as being a
> sentence, and Summary as being a short paragraph.

Actually, this is a different question, but Henrik's post inspired it.

Is there a way for administrators to create their own page attributes
and have them show up on the group/page attributes page?  Linking them
of course to certain actions?  I was thinking this might be a way to
control password access to FAST Data, as the whole recipe basically is
action=data.

Just a thought...

Cheers,
Caveman