[pmwiki-users] ZAP out and running...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Apr 13 05:39:38 CDT 2007

Finished debugging, testing and upgrading the ZAP snippets for use
with ZAP 2007-04.  The biggest change was implementing Pm's new
MarkupExpr recipe, though there were a number of useful restructurings
to make administration much easier, and a few new features.

I really love the new coding/decoding mechanism and how that makes
member management much easier (emails, passwords).  It will impact
existing ZAP membership systems, though configuration settings can
enable you to keep your existing membership files.

One recent change I may not have mentioned is full support for FOX
like page insertions, complete with delete links, etc.  ZAP can even
sort and/or trim page insertions.  Plus, it can be combined with any
other ZAP command for some extremely flexible applications.

Thanks to everyone for their help!  As far as I can tell, the
development phase for ZAP has about come to a close.  I'll continue to
support bug fixes etc, and make improvements to the underlying code,
but I think ZAP is about all I want it to be.

Cheers,
Dan

PS.  Over the weekend I'll be updating a few remaining sections of the
documentation.