[pmwiki-users] ZAP/Acme: code-review, **looking for input**

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 10:44:22 CDT 2007

I'm doing a code review on ZAP, DAN gave me a go-ahead on this, and aim to make the code a bit more compact, legible, flexible and robust. In short I aim ZAP to attain some sort of final status, with issues on security and $pagename use resolved.

I'm really looking for a group effort on this. I did some initial changed such as renaming globals, but nothing that affects ZAP's functionality yet. There may be big issues with zap on the security front and specifically with using $pagename as a global variable, whereas most pmwiki functions use o local copy.

Please send ideas, privately or through the list.

Note that my experience with ZAP is *very* limited, as I have my own alternative setup going. This is mainly an effort on behalf of ZAP and Dan, my personal interest is nowhere in sight :)

Those who have taken a look at the code will have noticed major cleanups already. ZAP is quite compact as it is.

Dan, I'm working with a clean install with the membership pages copied (using ?action=source) to work as they do at the ZAP site. Result: it doesn't work, neither does the zap site! Try to register and see for yourself. The new revision probably broke some syntax.

/jm