[pmwiki-users] Firefox fails to download latest file

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 09:51:52 CDT 2007

Wednesday, April 25, 2007, 3:02:47 PM, Patrick wrote:

> Is there any way to quickly tell which version is the correct one?
> As far as I can tell I only get the one version (possibly because
> I've never downloaded it before).

> The version I get when downloading with Firefox is 17,232 bytes
> in length (same as on the server).

yes that is the latest. (guibuttons.php inside zip dated 23-04-07

>> Is this a known problem with Firefox and zip files?
>> Is Firefox using a cache rather than the file from the server?

> It could be that Firefox is using a cache, or perhaps your ISP
> is caching files.  Did you try clearing the Firefox cache?

It must be a cache thing. After clearing all cache history I get the
new version. This is annoying, and seems to affect the zip files
particularly, since the php files open as text in a new window tab,
and are always the latest.

Annoying as it must be a Firefox standard and will affect most Firefox
users, so they don't get the latest version.

  ~Hans