[pmwiki-users] iPhone/mobile theme?

Mike Shanley thebarmy at omniversalism.com
Mon Aug 6 18:29:20 CDT 2007

This page has a lot of useful information for your situation...

You can par down the skin by cutting it out completely, use straight
html (that's secure) since it's a personal wiki, and do your minimal CSS
right in your page header/footer...

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SkinAlternative

I hate to say this, since I think PmWiki is the best wiki system out
there, but this might be an even better alternative:

http://chabel.org/?page=TigerWiki%20(EN)

I toyed around with TigerWiki before I found my home with Pm. If I
remember correctly, the whole installation is a single file. Very, very
basic, but super fast. I wouldn't trust it for a full website, but a
personal notepad would be fine.

Todd wrote:
> Does anyone know about an iphone or just mobile theme?  Sure, the iphone
> can see full sized pages, but when you are on the edge network, even the
> leanest of themes out there can be horribly slow to download.  I'm
> tossing around the idea of making one myself but if someone else has
> made one I could use that--This is just going to be on a personal wiki I
> use so doesn't have to be all that pretty.  I quickly skimmed through
> the themes on the site and none of them really seemed to fit the bill.

        ~Mike Shanley~

    ~you are almost there~