[pmwiki-users] Easy way to prevent all editing

Randy randy at brownragfilms.com
Sat Dec 8 20:12:12 CST 2007

I'd like to set up a read-only backup wiki on a second server. That
way, if the main server goes down, people can always at least read the
contents as of the latest backup. Is there a simple way to make an
existing wiki read-only?

I've tried putting this in the config.php:

$HandleAuth['edit'] ='admin';

But that didn't prevent people from posting comments using
commentboxplus.

I'm on a linux server. Maybe there's a way to set the wiki to read-
only via file permissions on the server. But I would prefer to do it
through pmwiki or a cookbook recipe, so I can freely move the wiki to
any host. (Besides, I don't know LInux.)

Randy