[pmwiki-users] Easy way to prevent all editing

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 03:19:08 CST 2007

Sunday, December 9, 2007, 2:12:12 AM, Randy wrote:

> I've tried putting this in the config.php:

> $HandleAuth['edit'] ='admin';

> But that didn't prevent people from posting comments using
> commentboxplus.

commentboxplus by design allows posting of comments even if one has no
edit access. There is no switch to disable this.
You could either
a) comment out the install_once line for commentboxplus.php,
   so it is not installed for your read only wiki.
b) enclose the commentbox markup in a conditional markup, like:
   (:if auth edit:)(:commentbox:)(:ifend:)

A third alternative may be to create your backup wiki not as a  wiki, but
as static HTML pages, using recipe
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ExportHTML

  ~Hans