[pmwiki-users] Easy way to prevent all editing

Algardas alglt at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 10:13:10 CST 2007

Randy (2007-12-09 06:56):
> Hi Algardas,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.
>
> The setting indeed stopped me from editing but I was still able to post
> a comment with commentboxplus.

Strange, as I have commentboxstyled '2006-08-25' together with
forumstyled 2006-03-3 in my read only wikis and I cannot post forum
entries (thus comments?) with EnableReadOnly set. But maybe I am
forgetting something I've changed...

> Also, at the bottom of every page I got this message (even when I was
> just browsing the page): "PmWiki can't process your request Cannot
> modify site - $EnableReadOnly is set."

This might be coming from totalcounter or a similar recipe, which
writes to wiki.d/ every time someone browses a page.

> However, I'm glad you pointed out that setting to me. It might come in
> handy later.

You're welcome.

> Best,
>
> Randy