[pmwiki-users] Folderized wiki.d won't allow new group creation!

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Feb 3 17:10:37 CST 2007

On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 12:06:24PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
> Ouch...
>
> 1)  I group-folderized wiki.d
> 2) set permissions for all folders to 777 (same as wiki.d)
> 3) added: $WikiDir = new PageStore('wiki.d/$Group/$FullName');
> to farmconfig.php

Although what you have should work, you might try...

   $WikiDir = new PageStore('wiki.d/{$Group}/{$FullName}');

> PmWiki needs to have a writable wiki.d/Blooper/ directory before it can
> continue. You can create the directory manually etc....
> ---------
>
> Does the folder style of organization really require us to manually
> create a folder for each new group we might add?

No, normally it doesn't. However, if you're running with safe_mode
enabled, then PmWiki can't automatically create the folders, and
permissions become *very* important.

Presumably, if you already moved all of the page files into
appropriate subdirectories, then the wiki.d/Blooper/ folder
should already exist, and PmWiki is complaining that it
cannot write into wiki.d/Blooper/ .  So the problem would seem
to be strictly a permissions issue on wiki.d/ or
wiki.d/Blooper/ .

Also, do you get any PHP error messages in the resulting output?