[pmwiki-users] Folderized wiki.d won't allow new group creation!

Tom Lederer celok at gmx.net
Sat Feb 3 19:27:55 CST 2007

Hi,

actually i do have (and had on the other provider) the same problem,
but i can live with that (don't create new groups that often). But i
would not turn down a solution.

Am 04.02.2007 um 00:10 schrieb Patrick R. Michaud:

> On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 12:06:24PM -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>> Ouch...
>>
>> 1)  I group-folderized wiki.d
>> 2) set permissions for all folders to 777 (same as wiki.d)
>> 3) added: $WikiDir = new PageStore('wiki.d/$Group/$FullName');
>> to farmconfig.php
>
> Although what you have should work, you might try...
>
>    $WikiDir = new PageStore('wiki.d/{$Group}/{$FullName}');

Didn't work for me.

>> PmWiki needs to have a writable wiki.d/Blooper/ directory before
>> it can
>> continue. You can create the directory manually etc....
>> ---------
>>
>> Does the folder style of organization really require us to manually
>> create a folder for each new group we might add?
>
> No, normally it doesn't. However, if you're running with safe_mode
> enabled, then PmWiki can't automatically create the folders, and
> permissions become *very* important.
>
> Presumably, if you already moved all of the page files into
> appropriate subdirectories, then the wiki.d/Blooper/ folder
> should already exist, and PmWiki is complaining that it
> cannot write into wiki.d/Blooper/ .  So the problem would seem
> to be strictly a permissions issue on wiki.d/ or
> wiki.d/Blooper/ .
>
> Also, do you get any PHP error messages in the resulting output?

I run in safe_mode, which i blamed for this issue. And no, there are
no php errors in the output.

The error log does not catch this btw.

The full error message is:

-----------
PmWiki can't process your request

PmWiki needs to have a writable wiki.d/Testff/ directory before it
can continue. You can create the directory manually by executing the
following commands on your server:
     mkdir /srv/www/vhosts/celok.de/httpdocs/pmwiki/wiki.d/wiki.d/Testff
     chmod 777 /srv/www/vhosts/celok.de/httpdocs/pmwiki/wiki.d/wiki.d/
Testff
Then, reload this page.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Return to http://www.celok.de