[pmwiki-users] page history, disable

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 8 12:49:17 CST 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 07:39:35PM +0100, info at hassanein.ch wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have created a custom template page which will be read by my
> cookbook every time the user goes to the page. This template will be
> parsed and it replaces some items etc and then the page is being
> updated.
> Through this process the page history grows very fast.
>
> Is there a mechanism to limit or disable page history on specific
> pages or groups.?

To disable the page history, set

    $DiffKeepDays = 0;

This causes PmWiki to discard any page history older than
zero days (which would therefore discard any page history :-).

If you're using PmWiki's normal edit mechanisms, then this can
be set in a per-page or per-group customization file in local/ .
But it sounds as though your recipe may be updating a page
other than the current one -- if that's the case, then I'd
need to know a bit more about how the recipe's updating is
occurring in the code before I could offer any useful
suggestions.