[pmwiki-users] page history, disable

info at hassanein.ch info at hassanein.ch
Thu Feb 8 14:12:47 CST 2007

Quoting "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 07:39:35PM +0100, info at hassanein.ch wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> I have created a custom template page which will be read by my
>> cookbook every time the user goes to the page. This template will be
>> parsed and it replaces some items etc and then the page is being
>> updated.
>> Through this process the page history grows very fast.
>>
>> Is there a mechanism to limit or disable page history on specific
>> pages or groups.?
>
> To disable the page history, set
>
>     $DiffKeepDays = 0;
>
> This causes PmWiki to discard any page history older than
> zero days (which would therefore discard any page history :-).
>
> If you're using PmWiki's normal edit mechanisms, then this can
> be set in a per-page or per-group customization file in local/ .
> But it sounds as though your recipe may be updating a page
> other than the current one -- if that's the case, then I'd
> need to know a bit more about how the recipe's updating is
> occurring in the code before I could offer any useful
> suggestions.
Thanks very much for this fast answer.
I use the pmWiki's normal edit mechanism.
The page is displayed, an action button is pressed and the same page
is being rendered and enhanced with data.
If I can disable the page history on per page basis that would be
really great, because there are only 3 pages affected.
--
Thanks very much for your help and I can't help repeating what a
wonderful tool pmWiki is!